New Patient Information
Prepare For Your First Appointment
All the new patient information you need below.
Insurance is a confusing road to travel, so please call our office and we’ll be happy to help you out any way possible.
What You Can Expect At Your First Appointment
Walk into our office and you’ll be greeted with friendly smiles by Melissa and Dana. They will answer all of your questions and let you know what to expect.
Your first appointment with our team is 1.5 hours of uninterrupted time with either Dr. Wonsavage or Dr. Melkers. This time is dedicated to you where you can talk about anything - life, your smile, concerns - the floor is yours.
During that 1.5 hours, we’ll conduct a thorough exam. This includes examining your oral health, teeth, gums, bite, and muscle/joints. We’ll also do an oral cancer screening and evaluate any aesthetic concerns if you have any.
Based on our findings, you and your dentist in Hanover will determine a customized treatment plan, and schedule a future appointment to come in and see our hygienist for a dental cleaning.
‘‘Only after visiting a New York City dentist last year, did I truly understand how special the care you provide is.’’
- Steve, Actual Patient Who Moved to NYC
- Do you accept insurance? Yes, we do. However, we’re a nonparticipating office. What this means is we’re not contractually obligated to any insurance company and work for YOU – the patient. This allows us to focus on your oral health and provide quality dental care.
We will file claims on your behalf and will do what it takes to make your visit as easy as possible.
- Will I get a cleaning at my first appointment? We like to dedicate your first appointment to one of our dentists, Dr. Wonsavage or Dr. Melkers. We believe providing high-quality dentistry starts with understanding your needs and thoroughly examining your oral and overall health. This first appointment usually lasts about 1.5 hours, and we’ll immediately schedule your cleaning appointment after.
- Are you accepting new patients? Absolutely! We’re always looking for new members of the community and welcome them to our wonderful dental family. Our Hanover dentists are highly skilled and genuine in achieving the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Do you see families? Yes, we do! Everyone is welcomed at our office. We offer a full range of comprehensive dentistry in Hanover, including family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and reconstructive dentistry. Give our office a call for more details.
- How soon can you get me in? We’ll do our very best to get you and your family in here at your earliest convenience. It all depends on your schedule and our schedule.